Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Gary, Sydney & I went to Gary's mom's for lunch. She changed the time this year to lunchtime so the boys didn't get to go. They go to their dad's side of the family at lunchtime. Mama fixed lunch for Andy & Nicholas, but Gary and I will scavenge her left overs for our supper. Mama's church sold pork Boston butts so we took one to Louise's and it got gobbled up. I think we'll do the same for Christmas when the fire department sells pork shoulders. It's one less thing that Louise has to cook. We'd rather everyone take something to her house instead of her cooking, but she insists on cooking while she still can. At 80, no one really wants to argue with her. Thanksgiving is a hard time to get all the Thompsons together. Jackie & Susan (Gary's sister) always go to the beach. Betty & Phil (Gary's oldest sister) were headed to the mountains right after lunch. Ray, Heather & Miranda (Gary's nephew) were at her parents. All the greatgrandkids were actually there except my boys and Miranda. Most of the great grandkids are shared betwixt & between their parents so it's hard to get them all together at the same time. Well, Sydney is trying to push buttons on my computer and she's half lying on me so I'm going to have to get off now.

No comments: